If you follow the previous days as required, you should have some positive stories to tell by now because it is expected that you must have shed at least Half a Kilo of weight out of your body system. On the fifth day, you are going to try another type of food and you would be required to take vegetables, fruits, as well as bowl of brown rice, and dal (one cup). In addition to that, you require salad (one bowl) and one glass of buttermilk. Most importantly, tomatoes are important part of the fifth day meal, and because of that, you must ensure that you take at least six tomatoes.
For non-vegetarians, they can add lean protein source like fish or chicken breast. While cooking your brown rice, you should use the smallest quantities of oil. Your body would be producing high quantities of uric acid, and to combat that, you require sufficient quantities of water, and that is why it would be a good idea if you drink as much as fifteen glasses of water on the fifth day of the plan.
Brown rice is recommended for three reasons. It is very rich in carbohydrates, especially complex carbohydrates. Secondly, it is rich in fiber. Most importantly, it is going to facilitate digestion process. Fish and chicken are good for non-vegetarians, because they can serve as the best sources of lean protein. Fish in particular is good for the body because it is rich in omega 3 oils. Tomatoes are equally recommended because they are known to have a high fiber content and they can equally facilitate digestion process.
Day five food chart
- A bowl of Organic boiled brown rice, tomatoes (small quantities), kidney beans, plus water (two glasses)
Time for breakfast: 8.00 am to 9.00 am
- Yogurt (one cup) mixed with Oats Granola plus water (two glasses)
- Don’t mix any sugar or honey.
Time for the brunch: 11.00 am to mid day
- Cooked brown rice (one bowl) with fish/chicken to be served with tomatoes (two pieces), plus water (two glasses).
- Alternatively you can cook Rajma Masala and have it with brown rice and Salad (If you are Vegan)
Time for lunch: 1.30 pm to 2.00 pm
Post Lunch snack menu:
- Salad served with onions, sprouts, plus water (two glasses).
Time for the post lunch snack: 4.00 pm to 5.00 pm
Evening snack menu:
- Pear and Apple
Time for evening snack: 6.30 to 7.00 pm
- Diet soup, plus water (two glasses)
- Lauki sabji and 4 – 6 Phulkas.
Time for dinner: 8.00 pm to 9.00 pm
You need exercises to expend the extra energy you have gained. Here are some of the exercises you can do in the mornings or in the evenings:
- Wrist circles
- Arms circles
- Shoulder rotation
- Rope jumping
- Neck rotation
- Squats and so on.