Paneer chili is extremely common in India and is an Indo-Chinese fusion dish.
While paneer as a food item is extremely healthy, this dish becomes carcinogenic and super unhealthy when Ajino-motto or unhealthy oils are added.
Today I will show you how you can make your Keto chili Paneer healthy by using the right ingredients.
Paneer or cottage cheese is a dairy product but you can still consider this in your keto diet regimen due to its low carb, high fat and high protein content.
While preparing your Keto Paneer or any Keto Dish, the most important thing that you need to consider is the ingredients.
You cannot just use your conventional recipes to make keto dishes. For instance in this Paneer chili keto recipe I have removed the unhealthy stuff such as regular vegetable oil and cooking oil.
Instead I opted for Keto friendly oil such as Coconut oil or sesame oil. Likewise there are other ingredients too that makes an excellent fit for keto food.
Let’s take a quick look at the ingredients needed to make Paneer chili the Keto way.
Ingredients needed to make Keto Paneer chili
- 300 Grams Paneer cut in cubes
- 1 Green capsicum and Red capsicum
- 5 – 6 Mint leaves
- Chili Sauce
- 2 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon Soya Sauce
- ¼ Spoon Tomato Sauce
- 1 Inch Grated Ginger
- 2 Cloves chopped Garlic
- 1 Chopped Green Chili
- Onions cut similar to the size of Capsicum
- Salt as per taste
- Chili Flakes
- Black pepper powder
Instructions to Make Keto chili Paneer
You can make your Keto Paneer Chili dish in 3 easy steps.
Step 1: Fry the Paneer
- Sprinkle some pepper powder and salt on your Paneer.
- Put some coconut oil in the Pan and fry it until the Paneer is mild brown.
- Put the Paneer in a bowl and proceed to next step.
Step 2: Prepare the Spices
- Put 2 Tablespoon Oil in the Pan
- Add Grated ginger, Chopped Garlic and Chopped Green Chilies.
- Sauté it and fry it for a while.
- Put the capsicum and onions, mix it well.
- Now add Vinegar, Tomato Sauce, Soya Sauce and Chili Sauce.
- Mix everything well and cook until the onions are mild brown.
Step 3: Mix the paneer with the Spices
- Mix it well, cook it for a while and your dry Keto Paneer chili is ready to be consumed.
The above steps will give you dry version of Keto chili paneer. Having said that if you want to make a semi-gravy version then simply mix coconut milk when you prepare the masala.
I could have used Ajino motto or corn flour to make a thick gravy but since we are making a keto version of this dish it’s a wise choice to use coconut milk instead.
Nutritional Value of this dish:
- Calories: 480
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fat: 40g
- Protein: 25g
- Fiber: 1.25g
Some commonly asked questions
What is Paneer?
Paneer is a synonym to Cottage Cheese. This cottage cheese is made by separating the solid part of the milk from the whey. The final product that we get after separating the liquid from solid is what we call as paneer. This Indian food is extremely soft, delicious and nutritious.
How to make Paneer at home?
There are about 4 to ways to make Paneer or cottage cheese at home. The one I like is why making use of natural food acid i.e. lemon.
To make paneer at home follow these 3 simple steps.
Step 1: Boiling Milk
- Take 1 Liter milk and boil it until it starts foaming.
Step 2: Adding Lemon juice
- Extract lemon juice from one large sized lemon.
- Add the lemon juice to the boiled milk.
- Turn off the flame
Step 3: Separating the liquid from Solids
- Once you add lemon to the boiled milk, you will see the solids are separating from whey.
- Mix it well so that you can get the maximum output.
- Next is to take the Cheese cloth and flush out the liquid whey, this will give us nice and soft Paneer.
Store this paneer in refrigerator for multiple use just in case you are not using all at one go.
Note: To make this Paneer we used 1 Liter milk and one liter milk gives approx. 100 grams of Cottage Cheese. The output can be even more if you are using pure buffalo milk without any fillers in it.
Nutritional Content of Paneer
Per 100g servings paneer made from Cow milk gives you:
- Calories: 265
- Proteins: 18.3 grams
- Total Fat: 25g
- Calcium: 208 mg
- Phosphorus: 138 mg
- Potassium: 104mg
Additionally its loaded with, Vitamin A, Vitamin B-12, Magnesium, Iron and super high quality dietary fibers.